Mar 31 2015
Today starts spring/Easter break! Chase's break actually started yesterday, but Braden's school had a make-up day from all the snow days they had. Honestly, it was worth those random days off! The kids go back to school next Tuesday the 7th.
So, since moving and learning the kids personalities more, I've become nervous for long breaks in our routine. I always thought we could be a "whatever" family and fly by the seat of our pants. But we've learned, at least for this stage in life, our eldest needs a routine. Enter: Effortful Mother. I was trying to think of things we could do that would be fun, and not too trying, that the 3 kids of different ages could enjoy.. That wouldn't leave me cleaning all day from each activity or mentally insane. I'm calling today a success! I feel like we all had fun and actually worked out brains!
Today we made cookies. Yummy chocolate chip-oatmeal-walnut cookies!
Watched The Little Mermaid 2.
The boys were actually quite concerned for little Melody throughout the movie.
We Made an awesome zebra-hauling balloon rocket. Alex even wanted to play once he got home.
We did some "schoolwork".
Colored.
Read books.
Played with those bendy wire things.. What are they called??
The kids built Legos.
And even played video games.
Here's to hoping for a great tomorrow!




No comments:
Post a Comment